It was a great trip in September, 2016 - BirdNote teamed up with Victor Emanuel Nature Tours to escape to paradise in Panama – one of the premier destinations for birding and adventure in the Neotropics.
- The dawn chorus from the Canopy Tower above the treetops in the Soberanía National Park.
- Watch Rufous Motmots, Tawny-capped and Thick-billed Euphonias, Red-legged and Green Honeycreepers, and many, many other birds flock to the verdant forests and gardens of El Valle.
- Swoop through the tropical canopy on zip-lines (optional).
- Travel by canoe up the Chagres River to the Embera Drua Indian village.
- Hike into the foothills of Cerro Azul.
- Steam through the locks of the Panama Canal.
- Visit Frank Gehry's world-famous Biomuseo.
- And delight in the cultural riches of Panama City's Casco Viejo or “Old Town.”
Enjoy exceptional birding and culture, build friendships to last a lifetime, and support BirdNote in the process! A portion of proceeds go toward the support of BirdNote’s programs.
Crowned Woodnymph, Courtesy of Patty McGann, via Creative Commons
Collared Aracari - George Chapman CC nc/2.0