Join BirdNote for a tropical expedition — in the middle of winter! This coming January, BirdNote and expert naturalists journey to the heart of Panama’s rainforests, and you can go with them. Rare tropical birds, monkeys and sloths headline this once in a lifetime 11-day adventure. Immerse yourself in the sights and sounds of one of the most biodiverse places on earth.
Victor Emanuel Nature Tours has planned this trip exclusively for BirdNote leadership donors and travel enthusiasts. During 12 days of adventure, you will experience a world of supreme biodiversity and a host of cultural attractions, including:
Image:A stay at Canopy Tower in Soberania National Park
- A visit to the Rainforest Discovery Center on Pipeline Road
- A canoe trip up the Chagres River to spend a day in the the Emberá Drúa Indigenous village
- A visit to the Miraflores Locks on the Panama Canal
- A stay at the Canopy Lodge and an exploration of the El Valle region's diverse habitats
- A stay at the American Trade Hotel, a visit to the Biodiversity Museum of Panama, and a cultural tour of the historic district of Panama City.
Please join us for this special BirdNote excursion! Register by September 1, 2021, and receive a $500 early booking discount.
Tour dates: January 28 - February 9, 2022
Tour limit: 14
Room options and costs from Panama City:
- $8,245 per person in double occupancy for standard guest rooms ($7,745 with early bird discount)*
Note: The single supplement for this tour is $2,240 for occupying a standard guest room*
- $8,845 per person in double occupancy for premium guest rooms ($8,345 with discount)*
- $7,895 per person in single occupancy for small single rooms at the Canopy Tower and Canopy Lodge ($7,395 with discount)*
Best of all, a portion of the fee supports BirdNote programming!
*Please see the full itinerary for details
Got questions? Contact your BirdNote host, Jessica Rugh Frantz: JessicafATbirdnoteDOTorg.
All images © Owen Deutsch